SQL Server DBA duties and Responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server databases.
- Monitor system's health and performance.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Provide suggestions for solutions.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
SQL Server DBA requirements and qualifications
- 4 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- 4 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- 4 years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus